Monday, September 14, 2009

BID news and my views

The BID is good at keeping me out of the loop, I missed the Block Party meeting today because they conveniently leave me out of the emails, but this one I got from a few people:

There will be a BID meeting this Thursday from 11 am to 1 pm at the Hotel in the Grove (formerly the DoubleTree), 2649 S. Bayshore Drive. It's open to the public. See you there,
in the Ballroom. This may be on the agenda.

As for the Block Party, I have no news, so I won't report on it. Guess they don't need me to report that. Guess they have it all handled. I did bring in 40% of the crowd for the Pajama Pub Crawl and probably more than 40% for the last series of Block Parties. And I know many of you keep checking back with us for the news on the Block Party, but they prefer news black outs on that it seems (and many other things).

The Herald had it all wrong last week and probably will have it all wrong in the future, but that's how they are marketing the thing these days -- secretly and with no or wrong information.

I am not going to report via hearsay anymore on these things. If I don't get the news first hand, it isn't going to appear here, that or any other event. You want free non-stop coverage from me? then have the common courtesy to put me on the meeting email list so I don't have to stumble into a meeting by accident. Or maybe the Grapevine readers don't count. Is that it? Maybe none of you count, Guys. That seems to be the case here. Maybe all of the Grapevine readers should find something else to do on Saturday nights if and whenever the Block Party returns.

Maybe I should give myself the Sour Grapes Award this week. I think I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment