Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mad Men Mondays makes the world all right

mad-men1

After throwing my little hissy fit yesterday, I ended up at Mad Men Mondays at the Mayfair Hotel. (Say that three times fast).

I had a great time with lots of friends and I made some new friends, too.

Three of my favorite Village Council ladies were there, Liliana Dones, Michelle Niemeyer and Felice Dubin. All three are up for reelection on November 3, all three have my vote.
I hope they have yours, too.

Eighteen people have put in applications for the election it's up to us to vote nine in.

When I have the complete list, I'll post it here.

Anyway, about Mad Men Monday -- it's really a lot of fun. It's where everyone unwinds and mixes and mingles. You'll run into so many friends there. I'll be back next week, hope many of you can make it out, too.

One thing though -- they need to add Tom Collins to the special Mad Men menu. I have been pushing that on the Grapevine and it's not there. Many were drinking gin martini's, all they have to do is make the martini in a taller glass, hold the vermouth and add lots of club soda, the rest doesn't have to be done, I'll be happy with that (but an orange slice, cherry and sugar would make it a "real" Tom Collins).

I ran into two guys from the BID office as I left. We kissed and made up. All is well with the world agian. Man Men Mondays has that effect. Try it next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment