Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Should we all stop talking?

I was at one of our local Grove bars the other night and I heard someone yell across the place to a lady to "Shut up!" He said that she was too loud.

She yelled back, "This is a bar! Not a library!" And I had to laugh because it reminded me of my bookstore incident. I also recognized the voice; it ended up being my friend's mother, so I went over and we got a good laugh out of it. But are people being too sensitive? It's like no one wants anyone to talk anymore.

A few years ago, I was literally told to shut up in the park. I know I am loud, but in Kennedy Park? The Walk with the Doc people yelled over to me to shut up because they were talking to their group!

Maybe we should all text each other from now on. No talking, just texting.

No comments:

Post a Comment