Sunday, July 26, 2009

How I spent my morning

puzzle1
You know about the Great Grove Bed Race, but have you heard about the Great Grove Crossword Puzzle? It's at The Bookstore!

This morning, Felice, Vincent and I spent two hours putting the puzzle together! No, we didn't fill in the words, we physically put it together and hung it on the wall.

There are 28,000 clues to the puzzle. I put the first word in at Felice's insistence. The clue was "opposite of pro," the answer was "amateur." It's that easy. I can be seen here writing it in at the very top corner.

Stop by and try it, have some fun, there are 27,999 clues to go! We are hoping to have it completed by Christmas. I think after actually putting it together, the hardest part is finding where to write the words in. There is a booklet with the clues and if you don't go in order, but just choose a clue randomly, it's not that easy to find the boxes to fill in when there are 28,000 spaces staring at you in the face.

I just sent two friends over, Larry and Jamie. Try it, you'll like it!


puzzle2

No comments:

Post a Comment