Friday, September 7, 2012

Booting me

I was booted! My car, I mean!

I had been out all day at the Great Grove Bed Race. I parked at the Coconut Grove Bank lot. There is something new there in that there is no longer a parking attendant, you either pay at a meter (which is not the MPA, by the way) or you get a monthly pass. I have the pass. I put the pass on the dashboard when I park.

Well, apparently the towing company, quite quick on the draw, didn't see the bright orange pass in my window, so they slapped a huge orange sticker on my window and then booted the car. As my friend and I came back after the bed race, that's what we came upon.

I wasn't really upset since I knew I was in the right, since I had the monthly pass, so it was just a funny scene out of one of my favorite tv shows "Parking Wars."

This guy in the photo, I didn't get his name, was one of the booting guys. By luck, they happened to still be in the lot booting away, so I was able to get the boot removed quickly and he didn't mind posing for a photo with me here. He's on the phone calling the main company telling them that the boot was being removed.


It all worked out and I got a funny story out of it. No harm, no foul, as for the others who were parked there illegally, the fine is $89.00. So there were some unhappy campers. Luckily I wasn't one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment