Thursday, September 6, 2012

A friendly farewell to David Collins

david1
Friends came out Wednesday night to say goodbye to David Collins, who has stepped down at the Grove BID director. He's not going far, he still lives in the Grove, but he'll be the new BID director of the Wynwood area soon.

A packed room at Greenstreet Cafe on a rainy night was the scene. People gave David gag gifts and he gave a nice heartfelt speech. Above, Commissioner Marc Sarnoff gives David a City Citation as Carl Templer, new Grove BID director, looks on, at left, and Trina and Dave Collins look on at right.

  david5
David thanked many people in his speech and he brought my name up also, mostly as me being a thorn in his side, but I took it as a sign of affection from him to even bring my name up at all. I was sitting front and center and I enjoyed what he had to say. Above from left are Antoinette Baldwin, Nathan Kurland and Cecilia Gill.

Many more photos may be seen here, on our Facebook page.
  david6

No comments:

Post a Comment