Sunday, July 10, 2011

Are things slowing down for summer?

Things are slowing down for the summer, now that July 4th is over. I remember there being a lot of activity most summers here in Coconut Grove, but guess not.

The restaurants and bars are all still open, but there aren't many town activities. FestiDan is in the works for August 20, that's a big fundraiser that has been moved to Peacock Park. More info at their website
here. The next large Grove event is the Great Grove Bed Race on September 4. The committee has been meeting weekly, planning that. You can sign up here: www.thegreatgrovebedrace.com it's still early registration, you can save a few bucks by signing up before July 15.

The
Mayfair Antique Market is open every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. And the Drum Circle and Gallery Walk are coming up August 6. The Paper Bag Heads were a big hit last Gallery Walk night and Trina Collins tells me something else that's a lot of fun is being planned for the next Gallery Walk.

Tomversation, my new comic strip/panel, will start publication on Monday, July 18. You can follow it daily at
Tomversation.com or at GoComics.com. I've been working on that and will be fine tuning things this last week in order to get things ready for next Monday's start date.

I have not been attending as many events and meetings in the Grove lately while getting Tomveration ready, so it would be nice if you have any news or photos of events that you could send my way to for me to publish in the Grapevine. Feel free to send me anything you feel that is of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment