Sunday, July 8, 2012

Brooklyn has a Lokal, too; and lots of art and stuff

lokal
Noticed this restaurant called Lokal in Brooklyn the other day. It's a bistro in Williamsburg. Reminded me of our own LoKal, the burger place, on Commodore Plaza. Which has been closed all week for vacation. They'll be open Monday.

Williamsburg now seems to be the arts center of the country! It's a small part of Brooklyn where it's all happening now. It reminds me of South Beach, circa 1989 or Wynwood a year or so ago. So far, so good in Williamsburg, as I had not spotted any Starbucks yet, so it isn't tainted so to speak.


It's a place full of hipsters and artists and young people and it's really what Coconut Grove can be. I'm going back in a few months on a fact finding tour. I keep thinking it's ripe for "The Williamsburg Grapevine." Hmm, I like the sound of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment