Thursday, December 22, 2011

Is the Grove getting back into the club biz?

villa-mayfair
I have a theory. It's only a theory, but I want you to remember this. Mr. Moe's has it's 5 am last call license back. They got it back from the City Commission earlier this month, without much fanfare.

I am guessing that the next 5 am license will go to the new venue on Florida Avenue, shown here, Villa Mayfair. Only because the owners have deep pockets, they seem to be able to call a lot of the shots around the Grove and they have been promoting after hours and bottle service. So it just seems to reason that 5 am last call is next. We do need a dance club in the Grove. The Beer Garden and Sushi Lounge at CocoWalk was the closest thing lately, but they are now both closed. So is The Burgundy Room.

I could be totally wrong, I have not asked around, but I just have a hunch. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment